POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Povray 3.6 in Mac OS X 10.4.1 : Re: Povray 3.6 in Mac OS X 10.4.1 Server Time
3 May 2024 15:55:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray 3.6 in Mac OS X 10.4.1
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 2 Jun 2005 22:25:49
Message: <MPG.1d096ce859549e13989d72@news.povray.org>
In article <gullevek-BFAE70.10023902062005@news.povray.org>,
gul### [at] gullevekorg says...
> In article <1gxft09.1n2d05f18jpulyN%yvo.s@gmx.net>,
>  yvo### [at] gmxnet (Yvo Smellenbergh) wrote:
>
> > Schwaighofer Clemens <gul### [at] gullevekorg> wrote:
> >
> > > has anyboday already tried to run Povray 3.6 in Tiger? I tried to start
> > > it, but nothing happens at all.
> > No problem running 3.6 Build 0197 on tiger 10.4.1.
> > Always useful to try is to trash the preferences and try again. If it
> > doesn't work either, you can always move the old preferences back.
>
> hmm, I did a fresh install, double clicked on the POV-Ray Icon but it
> just loaded the script editor, so I changed it to use the Application
> Loader, but when I double click it, nothing happens.

I think you are confused. POVRay is not a modeller. It has a script
editing portion and a render engine that takes the script, parses it and
generates an image from it. The only graphical modelling interfaces,
which is what 'most' 3D apps have, are third party applications. I have
no idea which one is the best for the MAC though.

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()
  else